Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Strictly pancakes

Ever since last year, there was the hugest hype ever regarding strictly pancakes. I wanted to try it so badly ever since i heard about it and so i felt an inch of depression always kicking in when i saw my friends put pics of the pancakes on instagram.

So on Sunday, i had this huge urge to finally try it. And so i did!

I ordered the garlic butter and praws and my sis ordered the what-a-spread! We agreed to eat half of what we had and then exchange to finish the other half of the other pancake meal.

The service was quite good. In fact i think it was better than the pancakes.





I was disappointed, to be honest! I expected more. 3 pancakes is really too much and the garlic sauce, though unique and quite interesting, is really quite overwhelming. The side vegetables were yummy but then it got super bitter as i swallowed it. The prawns were extremely fresh and juicy! Really good. I dont think i'll order this again actually. If i would, then it would probably be a year from now.

The what-a-spread was alright. I couldnt really appreciate it since the garlic prawns and butter pancake swallowed me. I couldnt even finish the kinder bueno which is a total first for me. Not finishing a kinder bueno is like walking on clouds - totally impossible. I dont think i would come back for strictly pancakes any time soon. It was mediocre and the portion is really huge. Every bite i took after the first half of the pancake was excruciating and difficult. I would rather spend 30 bucks on mcdonalds or a new sack of rice than this.


Dont get me wrong! I do think it is a great place to have dinner/lunch there with your friends and probably your significant other. I certainly learnt my lesson - to not be greedy and to always share the pancake meal with a friend. If i could change one thing, it'll definitely be the portion.

Strictly pancakes was a MISS for me. But if you have an appetite of a walrus, then go ahead! Stuff yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment